DARE PRIMARY is a life skills and drug education programme for years 5 and 6 which seeks to work in partnership with schools, parents and carers to help young people by:
- Promoting citizenship and responsible behaviour
- Helping young people to make healthy, safe and informed lifestyle choices
- Developing young people’s competencies, personal skills and confidence to make wise decisions and manage a variety of situations both in and out of the school environment
- DProviding appropriate drug facts
- Encouraging positive behaviour and healthy lifestyles
The 10 one hour sessions include the following topics: effective decision making; self esteem; drug facts and information on tobacco, alcohol, cannabis and volatile substances; managing disagreements; peer pressure and bullying; anti-social behaviour. Children also consider the normative beliefs about alcohol and tobacco use by young people their age.
The sessions are interactive and provide a range of learning opportunities through individual activities, teamwork, discussions, storyboards, and role play.
If you are interested in our primary programme and how it can be delivered in your area you’ll need to let us know where you are. You can do this by clicking on the button Delivery Areas