DARE Officer Training is £300.00 per day – Max 15 in Attendance
We offer D.A.R.E. Officer Training courses to support those organisations with officers and staff involved in training, teaching, coaching and mentoring young people in schools and the community to deliver our primary or secondary programmes. The courses accommodate a maximum of 15 students and are scheduled for dates agreed with the commissioning force. The intended outcomes of the training courses are:
- Be conversant with the content of the curricula and the learning outcomes for each session.
- Demonstrate practical skills and theoretical knowledge of a variety of teaching methods to meet the needs of different learning styles and situations.
- Possess adequate knowledge of drug facts and information to meet the needs of the curricula
The length of the course will range from 5 to 10 days dependent upon the number, experience and qualifications of those attending and will be negotiated with the commissioning organisation.
DARE Officer Training can be tailored for each organisation and can include training on the follwing:
The DARE Primary programme is a course developed to help children years 5 and 6 (Age 9 – 11) acquire a wide array of personal and social skills, including:
- understanding the need to take personal responsibility for
- ourselves and others
- effective communication and listening
- coping by dealing with pressure and stressful situations
- decision making
- resistance skills
- the identification of risks and consequences, particularly in relation to substance abuse
Keepin’ it REAL
Our main secondary programme, Keepin it REAL introduces students to the resistance strategies of Refuse, Explain, Avoid and Leave, whilst addressing effective decision-making and communication skills. The programme also addresses conflict management, stereotypes of young people and influences on behaviour in addition to exploring support networks.
DARE Active is a resource for 11 to 15 year olds, designed for delivery in secondary schools or within communities e.g. youth clubs, sport teams or group activities. Its principle themes are Responsibility, Achievement and Aspiration.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of setting up a DARE Officer Training Course please call us on 0300 111 3273.