Teacher Training Options
Conversion Teacher Training
Teacher Training: Half Day (afternoon only). Conversion training for can be offered to teachers that have previously been trained to deliver an older version of the D.A.R.E. primary programme. The aim is to prepare teachers for delivery of the new curriculum which went live in the Autumn Term 2014.
Various training dates are available which are shown when you purchase a place on the course. The cost is £25 per person and refreshments are included.
DARE Primary Teacher Training
To support teachers and schools in the delivery of our Primary programme, we schedule a number of one day teacher training events at various venues and on various dates throughout the year. The intended outcomes of the training are:
Be conversant with the content of the curriculum and the learning outcomes for each session.
- Identify what amounts to effective drug education
- Possess and source adequate knowledge of drug facts and information to meet the needs of the curriculum.
The cost is £50 per person and lunch and refreshments are included.
Venues for both courses are to be confirmed, if you require individual training at your school then please call the office on 0300 111 3273.
The DARE Primary Programme
The DARE Primary porgramme is a course developed to help children years 5 and 6 (Age 9 – 11) acquire a wide array of personal and social skills, including:
- understanding the need to take personal responsibility for ourselves and others
- effective communication and listening
- coping by dealing with pressure and stressful situations
- decision making
- resistance skills
- the identification of risks and consequences, particularly in relation to substance abuse